Nagios & Perfparse

mark redding mwjredding at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:52:11 CET 2007

> I encounter some problems with perfparse, and after 3 days of googling
> I finally decided to post here :)
> I hope that someone will have an answer.
> The problem is that no information is logged to database :

>From the content of your mail I'd say that nagios is performing as
expected (i.e. you have performance data being recorded and processed)
so your problem seems to be in the PerfParse processing. That being
the case you'd be better off finding a perfparse mailing list,
contacting the perfparse developers or looking through their wiki @
http://perfparse.de/tiki-index.php

The only thing I can that is strange is :-

> host_perfdata_file_mode=2
> service_perfdata_file_mode=2

typically these values are either set to "a" or "w".

I also see that your '???_file_template' entries are space/tab
delimited - I don't use perfparse myself so not sure what the field
delimiter should be, but given that in your output "Nb lines dropped :
     105" appears maybe it does not like the format of your data file.

--
bright blessings,
Mark