specify normal_check_interval in seconds

mark.potter at academy.com mark.potter at academy.com
Wed Dec 12 20:56:13 CET 2007

nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on 12/12/2007 11:39:26
AM:

> I am not talking about the interval_length in the main nagios.cfg
> file, I am talking about the 'normal_check_interval' parameter when
> you are creating service definitions?
>
> Alex

The normal_check_interval is x number of units where the units are defined
by interval_length in the nagios.cfg. If you set interval_length=10 in
nagios.cfg and a normal_check_interval=36 then the check interval would be
360 seconds. The answer is that you can in fact do what you have asked but
more than likely not in the manner in which you wish to do so. You could,
in theory, set the interval_length to 1 and then all check intervals
throughout nagios would be in seconds. What you cannot do is use different
measurements of time for different intervals. You have a definition of the
units used and all intervals throughout are multiples of that unit.

For the record top posting after having been responded to in a proper
manner makes it very hard to follow and harder to answer.