AIX log monitoring with check_log

Roger Roger at NagiosWiki.com
Wed Dec 12 04:18:19 CET 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 4:03 PM, Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org>
wrote:

> Why don't you post us some examples?  We'll throw some ideas out.

For example, when the AIX cluster goes from active/passive ->
passive/active, then it writes an event to the log. Not sure what that event
is, but I'll soon look for it and monitor for it.

AIX also has stuff in its error reporting program (errpt), so I can cron
that to a log file and periodically check that for adapter errors or
whatever. Hopefully I'll have something cool to share with the group in a
few days....