Event Handlers on the External Commands

mark redding mwjredding at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:29:57 CET 2007

Hi,

On 11/12/2007, ankit.mehrotra at tcs.com <ankit.mehrotra at tcs.com> wrote:

> For this, I want to write Event Handlers on the External Commands, but I am
> not sure How to go about it ?
> Does somebody has any idea about it ? any sample code will be of great
> help.

These snippet of shell script may be of use (at least to show you how
to send commands to nagios externally).

#!/bin/sh
# post commands to nagios
now=$(date +%s)

echo "[$now] ENABLE_NOTIFICATIONS" > /data/nagios/spool/rw/nagios.cmd
echo "[$now] STOP_EXECUTING_HOST_CHECKS" > /data/nagios/spool/rw/nagios.cmd
echo "[$now] START_EXECUTING_SVC_CHECKS" > /data/nagios/spool/rw/nagios.cmd
echo "[$now] DISABLE_PERFORMANCE_DATA" > /data/nagios/spool/rw/nagios.cmd
echo "[$now] DISABLE_HOST_CHECK;www.site.com" > /data/nagios/spool/rw/nagios.cmd
echo "[$now] DISABLE_SVC_CHECK;web;WEBSITE" > /data/nagios/spool/rw/nagios.cmd

#!/bin/sh
# process an event handler
echo `date` ": called $0 script with $1 $2 $3" >> ~/event.log

case "$1" in
        OK)
        ;;
        WARNING)
        ;;
        UNKNOWN)
        ;;
        CRITICAL)
                case "$2" in
                        SOFT)
                                case "$3" in
                                        1)
                                                ssh -l nagios
webserver sudo /www/bin/apachectl restart
                                                echo `date` ": apache
rebooted" >> ~/event.log
                                        ;;
                                esac
                        ;;
                        HARD)
                                case "$3" in
                                        3)
                                                ssh -l nagios
webserver sudo /www/bin/apachectl restart
                                                echo `date` ": apache
rebooted again" >> ~/event.log
                                        ;;
                                        esac