How to disable check-host-alive

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Mon Dec 10 10:09:57 CET 2007

> > You could try sending a passive check result to put it back into an
> > "OK" state.
>
> Mmmm... I've read the Nagios documentation about passive check but yet
> do not know very clearly how to use it to put the status back into an
OK
> state. What is your suggestion?

Submitting a passive check result can be done via the Web Interface
(among other ways) so you just need to login to Nagios, select the host
in question and use the "Submit passive check result for this host"
command option from the list of Host Commands.

You need to provide some Check Output, the performance data is optional.

Nagios will process this check result and the host should return to the
state that you select.

Thanks

Giles