scaling check_nt checks on NSClient++/NC_net with passive checks?

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 01:42:17 CET 2007

yes, With NC_NEt,

this is one the primary uses of NC_Net.

1) install NC_NEt as the Windows client, (If it is not there already)
2) make sure the Active checks are running OK, (in case of slight
differences from current Windows clients)
3) using check_nc_net use the switch to push Passive check command over to
the windows Client
4) configure the passive checks settings in the NC_NEt startup.cfg
5) turn on Passive checks
6) disable the active checks in Nagios.
7) leave active check on for maintanence.

TOny (Author of NC_NEt)