notification command

Keles, Cem Cem.Keles at eu.sony.com
Fri Dec 7 20:27:05 CET 2007

Hi,

I've written a shell script which is calling a php code and I'm using
this shell script as a notification command.

It runs fine when tested on command line executed by both root and
nagios user. But if used as nagios notification command, I cant receive
any mail.

Nagios logs show command is executed but in mail log I cant see any mail
sent.

Owner of script is the nagios user. It is being called by /bin/sh, all
arguments in it is being exported. In nagios documentation it tells any
command which can be run on command line can be used as a nagios misc
command but I couldn't succeed sending mails.

What do you think the problem is or in which log I can see why it
doesn't send mails?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Cem

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the sender.  The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Sony or Sony affiliated companies.  Sony email is for business use only.

This email and any response may be monitored by Sony to be in compliance with Sony’s global policies and standards