how to use negate !!

Sebastian Ries Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de
Fri Dec 7 08:17:50 CET 2007

Hi

> The return value from negate is oke if you run it inside nagios
> the output is the same.
> I was thinking that the output would be changing to.
> But only the return code is changing
> 0 gets 3
> 2 stays 2
> 3 gets 0
>
> Arghhh that's it

How do you think the script should change the output?
As this is human readable text...
To archieve this the script would have to understand the meaning and
know how to negate it.

Everything I could imagine would be adding "Negated: " in front of the
text.  Would be nice to avoid this confusion.

Btw:
The script sould change the return codes as following:
0 gets 2
2 gets 0
1 and 3 stay

as 0 is OK
1 is Warning
2 is Critical
3 is Unknown

Regards
Sebastian Ries

P.S.: please send answeres to the list not just to me ;-)

DT Netsolution GmbH -  Talaeckerstr. 30 -  D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-36               Fax: +49-711-849910-936
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/     email: Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de