RES: RES: NRPE question

Kevin Scott Sumner ksumner at physics.unc.edu
Wed Dec 5 17:36:50 CET 2007

Once you get into using cron for pulls and scripts to automate
configuration, it's probably time you start thinking about cfengine or
something like it.  I hate to sound like a broken record, but cfengine et
al have already built the wheel you're trying to reinvent with
cron/scripts.

Also, I think you can make machines do updates from one central source if
you setup the correct daemons, along with having them start regular runs
from cron.  With this setup, you get the benefit of routine pulls along
with initiated pulls (essentially a push) whenever you need it.  Check on
cfexecd, if your interested.

Cheers,
Kevin
-----
Kevin Sumner
ksumner at physics.unc.edu
(919) 962-6494
Assistant Systems Administrator
Physics and Astronomy Networking Infrastructure and Computing