hard_check_interval revisited

mark redding mwjredding at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 16:09:44 CET 2007

Hi,

On 29/11/2007, Jeremy C. Reed <reed at reedmedia.net> wrote:
> I want my final failed services to be rechecked faster that my normal
> checks. I want this so I will be notified quicker when the service is
> successful again. (I already use retry_check_interval with
> max_check_attempts, but I want an interval when the service is in HARD
> state.)

If I understand correctly what you wish to do then I think you can
achieve this using a combination of event handlers and external
commands.

Create an event handler to be triggered when the service goes into the
state you are interested in and then from the event handler script
post external commands back into nagios to increase the retry check
interval.

See :-
http://www.nagios.org/developerinfo/externalcommands/commandlist.php

With special attention on the following commands :-
CHANGE_RETRY_HOST_CHECK_INTERVAL
CHANGE_RETRY_SVC_CHECK_INTERVAL

--
bright blessings,