How to get reboot messages

Matthew Richardson matthew-ln at itconsult.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 09:36:03 CET 2007

Sample command and uptime service is below.  I have taken it from
objects.cache to show all the details.  Note that is is volatile and only
alerts on warnings:-

|define command {
|	command_name	check_snmp_uptime
|	command_line	$USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -o 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0 -w 42000: -t 45
|	}

|define service {
|	host_name	xxx
|	service_description	uptime
|	check_period	24x7
|	check_command	check_snmp_uptime!readcommunity
|	contact_groups	xxx
|	notification_period	24x7
|	initial_state	o
|	check_interval	5.000000
|	retry_interval	5.000000
|	max_check_attempts	1
|	is_volatile	1
|	parallelize_check	1
|	active_checks_enabled	1
|	passive_checks_enabled	1
|	obsess_over_service	1
|	event_handler_enabled	1
|	low_flap_threshold	0.000000
|	high_flap_threshold	0.000000
|	flap_detection_enabled	1
|	flap_detection_options	o,w,u,c
|	freshness_threshold	0
|	check_freshness	0
|	notification_options	w
|	notifications_enabled	1
|	notification_interval	0.000000
|	first_notification_delay	0.000000
|	stalking_options	n
|	process_perf_data	1
|	failure_prediction_enabled	1
|	retain_status_information	1
|	retain_nonstatus_information	1
|	}

This config will occasionally give two successive warnings for one reboot,
which I intend to adjust in due course.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Matthew