xhtml1 for nagios 3.0

Mark Limburg mark.limburg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 08:02:28 CET 2007

Howdy folks, long time no talkie ..

I'm currently deploying a proof of concept for work, using nagios to do a
heap of various checks on the usual and not so usual networked devices.  In
doing such, I've decided to make a set of patches that strip out the old
HTML and insert nicer xhtml in there allowing basically everything to be
controlled with css.  The first release of these will be fairly simple as
I'm going for accuracy first, but so far in my workdesk, I've just altered
the base <html> so it begins to play with xhtml, use a new css file which is
growing as i work on the files, and will be using the ssi layer to load a
dropdown menu system.  Reason I'm leaning towards the ssi layer is that then
everyone can alter the menu system to their needs.

If anyone has any ideas they want to send me, or to just discuss what ideas
you have yourself, feel free :)  I'm in the early stages so far, but it's
coming along nicely.

Of course, these are not official, although I'd be more than happy for Ethan
to look at it once the project is complete.  It's far from a new
controllable interface, but it will allow some very nice customisation
options. And as for the beta releases of these, all I can say is they work
on a fresh install on my server .. so running these on a production server
would be a bad BAD thing.

Mark