Remote DHCP

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Dec 3 18:41:48 CET 2007

Seems better than an lot of native speakers =)

> I have a Nagios 2.9 under Ubuntu 6.10. Everything works fine but I need to
> monitor a Remote Windows DHCP Server and I don't know how. Evidently
> check_dhcp is not useful in remote hosts.

Only because DHCP is a local-only protocol. You can use NSClient++ or similar to verify that the DHCP service is running on the server but if you want to verify that it's actually handing out leases you'll need to use NRPE, check_by_ssh or NSCA to execute check_dhcp on the same network as the DHCP server. I'm not aware of a program similar to check_dhcp that natively runs under windows. Perhaps someone else is.

--
Marc