How to disable check-host-alive

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sun Dec 2 17:43:25 CET 2007

On Dec 2, 2007, at 9:18 AM, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

>> I didn't get errors after Nagios restart, but it continue displaying
>> the host in down state, yet.
>
> Well, Nagios didn't produce host notifications again. But, if Nagios
> will always assume the host is up, why it continues displaying the
> host
> in down state?

I would guess that the template you were using had
retain_status_information enabled. You removed it but nagios had
already written out the down status to the retention file and used
that on the restart. Try restarting nagios again. If that doesn't work
you can probably stop nagios, edit the state retention file to remove
the host stanza (making a backup first of course) and restart nagios.

--
Marc