nagios server inside vmware

Cook, Garry Garry.Cook at arcadis-us.com
Fri Aug 31 18:32:39 CEST 2007

>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I am plaiing to implement nagios server inside vmware (this includes linux
>> OS) for production use.Is there know problems with SNMP or any other
>> problems.
>
>This recent thread might be useful to you. I'm sure you'll find more
>searching the archives.
>
>http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.user/48668/focus=48690
>
>--
>Marc

IIRC, the solution given in that thread was 'Don't use VMware'.

I run three different Ubuntu servers (Nagios, MRTG, and NeDi) on VMware, and have no issues whatsoever with time (or anything else). I don't recall how I originally setup NTP, and I DID have issues in the beginning, but they have long since been resolved. If you run into time issues and have specific questions, email the list and I'll do my best to get back to you with info about how my system is setup.

The only current problem that I have with VMware is that sometimes my virtual host's filesystem will get kicked into read-only mode. This issue only relates to servers attached to an iSCSI SAN, and has already been fixed for RHEL and SUSE. I have a ticket open with them now to address the issue with Ubuntu.

Thanks,
Garry

NOTICE: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of ARCADIS U.S., Inc. and its affiliates. All rights, including without limitation copyright, are reserved. The proprietary information contained in this e-mail message, and any files transmitted with it, is intended for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error and that any review, distribution or copying of this e-mail or any files transmitted with it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message and any files transmitted. The unauthorized use of this e-mail or any files transmitted with it is prohibited
 and disclaimed by ARCADIS U.S., Inc. and its affiliates.