Configuring Web Interface

Justin Maloney justinm at honeycomb.net
Fri Aug 31 14:39:42 CEST 2007

OK I get what your looking for now.  You would need to get the urls for
the hostgroup overview page
(http://nagios.yourserver/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?hostgroup=
CHDDLFDHCP-SERVERS &style=detail) and put that in the side.html page.
Try just making the liks and see if they work.  The format above works
to veiw my groups and I can't image that editing the html would be two
hard the side.html isn't dynamic, I don't think.

Thank you,

Justin Maloney

Systems Administrator

Honeycomb Internet Services

612.617.0007

Hi Justin,

I have defined hostgroups as below -

# 'CHDDLF-DHCP SERVERS' host group definition
define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  CHDDLFDHCP-SERVERS
        alias           CHDDLFDHCP SERVERS
        contact_groups  CHDDLFNT-ADMINS
        members         CHDDLFDHCP01,CHDDLFVDHC01
        }

# 'CHDDLF-DOMAIN CONTROLLERS' host group definition
define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  CHDDLFDOMAIN-CONTROLLERS
        alias           CHDDLFDOMAIN CONTROLLERS
        contact_groups  CHDDLFNT-ADMINS,CHDSEZNT-ADMINS
        members         CHDDLFGDC01
        }

# 'Unix Servers' host group definition
define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  Unix Servers
        alias           Unix Servers
        contact_groups  CHDDLFUNIX-ADMINS
        members         damodar,appsdba
        }

But the view pane just shows me "All Hosts" and there is no menu where I
can see them in groups.

Attached is the sreen shot of my nagios Web Interface (Current.JPG).

I want to configure the NAGIOS web interface so that I can group
different hosts as the Sub Menu to "Service Detail" Menu.
The Right side Menu should display something like -
  o Service Detail
        o Unix Systems
        o Windows Servers
        o WAN links

Some thing like the attached image (nagios.JPG).
How can we achieve that?

Thanks and regards,
Manoj

You could put them in host groups, that's what I do.  I have a host
group for each customer and then more host groups that break down to web
servers, mysql servers etc for each customer.  Then you just go to the
hostgroup over view page and click on one.  It will show you all the
hosts and there services. in the normal status page format.

Thank you,

Justin Maloney

Systems Administrator

Honeycomb Internet Services

612.617.0007

Manoj Kumar
THE MAD MAN
Never Fall in Love Always Rise in Love!

microsoft sig
<http://adworks.rediff.com/cgi-bin/AdWorks/click.cgi/www.rediff.com/sign
ature-home.htm/1050715198 at Middle5/1411820_1405315/1411271/1?PARTNER=3&OA
S_QUERY=null%20target=new%20>