Nagiosgrapher graph-configuration

Gerd Mueller gmueller at netways.de
Fri Aug 31 13:22:05 CEST 2007

Hi,

add this block to your definition.

define ngraph{
         service_name            Memory RAM
         graph_perf_regex        ;(\d+)$
         graph_value             ram_100p
         graph_units             MB
         graph_legend            total RAM
         rrd_plottype            LINE1
         rrd_color               00ff00
}

This should do what you want. But nagiosgrapher cannot extend the existing rrd files so you have to remove the old rrd files.

Cheers,

Gerd

Am Freitag, den 31.08.2007, 11:24 +0200 schrieb Daniel Kraus:
> Hi to all,
>
> I use nagios 2.9 and nagiosgrapher 1.6.1rc3-2. Before i switched to
> nagiosgrapher i used pnp. Now i have some problems with the
> configuration of the graphs.
>
> I monitor the RAM usage of a server and i want nagiosgrapher to draw a
> line at 100% to represen the capacity of RAM. I know that this should be
> able with HRULE but i don't get it how to do it. Unfortunately i found
> no good documentation how to configure nagiosgrapher.
>
> The perf-data from the plugin looks like this:
>
>    Real_Memory=363MB;2000;2028;0;2028
>
> The last number is the capacity of the RAM.
>
> The configuration for the graph:
>
> define ngraph{
>          service_name            Memory RAM
>          graph_perf_regex        .*=\s*([0-9]+)
>          graph_value             ram_usage
>          graph_units             MB
>          graph_legend            RAM usage
>          rrd_plottype            AREA
>          rrd_color               c0c0ff
> }
>
> I hope somebody can help me on this or can send a link with a
> documentation or a howto.
>

> Thanks,
> Daniel

Gerd Mueller                  NETWAYS GmbH
Senior Systems Engineer       Deutschherrnstr. 47a
Fon. +49 911 92885-0          D-90429 Nuernberg
Fax. +49 911 92885-33
gmueller at netways.de           http://www.netways.de