ping service

Fanen Ahua fanen at layer3.cc
Fri Aug 31 12:08:47 CEST 2007

Hi,
I recently installed and setup nagios on an ubuntu 7.04 system.

I believe i have my configuration in place, and working, and i'm trying
to monitor a system via ping,

define service {
	host_name 			crm
	service_description 		PING
	check_command 			check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
	check_period 24x7
	notification_interval 		60
	notification_options 		u,c
	contact_groups 			l3-admins
	active_checks_enabled 		1
	max_check_attempts 		3
	normal_check_interval		3
	retry_check_interval 		2
	notifications_enabled 		1
	notification_period 		24x7
	register 			1
}

It monitors, whenever i schedule it explicitly. I want it to automatically run
the check every few minutes. I believe that's what 'normal_check_interval' is for.
Is there something i'm missing?

Thanks,
Fanen