Problem with access (It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any of the services you requested...)

Marc Hultquist marc at e-destiny.co.za
Thu Aug 30 09:54:13 CEST 2007

Hi Everyone

Ok I am new to nagios, the problem I am having, I have gotten Nagios up
and running, it can monitor the machines and what not, however the
problem I am having, lets say I click on the "Host Details" in the menu,
I can see my hosts, if I say select my AV server -> "View Status Details
for this host" !  I can see the services I am monitoring on the server
itself, however when it refresh's the page I will then get the "It
appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any
of the services you requested..." ! I then refresh the page, and at a
random interval I will then be able to see the services being monitored,
however then again at another random interval I will get the same access
denied error mentioned above....

I have tried the following steps so far:
1. Remove the .htaccess requirement out of the
/etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf file
2. Set the use_authentication=0
3. Made sure all my authentication_* are set to the username required by
.htaccess (When it is enabled in the nagios.conf file
4. Set the use_authentication=1 (set user/pass correctly, in my apache
logs it does show the username coming through as the correct nagiosadmin
user)
5. Deleted all temporary internet files etc from the machine and
restarted the browser.

What I think is something to do with the session / cookie is buggered up
in the browser, does anyone have any ideas here as its a bit annoying to
say the least :-) ! This happens on a wide range of browsers I have
tested this on both on Linux machines, as well as windows and mac :-\

BTW: The installation was done according to the quick start installation
guide presented on the nagios web page, don't know if this will make any
difference......

Kind Regards
 - Marc Hultquist
 Destiny Electronic Commerce (Pty) Ltd