NDOUtils 1.4b4 OpenBSD build issue

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Aug 30 09:49:24 CEST 2007

Hi Israel,

On 29 Aug 2007, at 21:31, Israel Brewster wrote:

> Ok, I have now attempted to build ndoutils 1.4b4 on a RHEL 4 box,
> only to get the following error:
>
> gcc -O0 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -D BUILD_NAGIOS_2X -o ndo2db-2x ndo2db.c
> dbhandlers-2x.o io.o utils.o db.o  -L/usr/lib/mysql -lz  -lnsl -
> lmysqlclient
> utils.o(.text+0x14e): In function `ndo_dbuf_strcat':
> /root/ndoutils-1.4b4/src/utils.c:67: undefined reference to `ceil'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [ndo2db-2x] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/ndoutils-1.4b4/src'
> make[1]: *** [ndo2db] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ndoutils-1.4b4/src'

Is this using the Altinity patch for NDOutils to use mysql_config?

Andy is right, you're missing the -lm in the compile, but using the
mysql_config should have picked that up correctly. (Actually, I think
that rings a bell about some redhat mysql-devel packages are not
sync'd correctly with the mysql packages, so mysql_config gives bogus
data -that would be a packaging problem.)

If you are using the Altinity patch, can you attach the config.log?

We do nightly builds on RHES4U1 and ndoutils always compiles correctly.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725