Scheduled Downtime

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Aug 26 23:43:54 CEST 2007

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007, Franjo Stipanovic wrote:

> Hello,
> is there an elegant way to schedule a downtime for all services and hosts in
> one 'click'?
> I'm not talking about disabling notifications or stopping active and passive
> checks, I have to keep availability report and comments clean and useful.
>
> Here's the only way I see it:
> Define hostgroup and servicegroup with all members inside and schedule
> downtime for those groups.

Considering that one can use a wild card it is peanuts to create the
proper host and service group to match all.

And you found the schedula option for groups. So that is as close to one
click as it gets. (one click is in fact vastly overrated as it is
extremely vulnerable to user mistakes.)

Hugo

 	(Thanks JFK, for this quote of George Bernard Shaw.)