Servicegroups

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:40:02 CEST 2007

The docs on this are quite clear I thought, you just define a group and
add a host, service, host2, service type format, see
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#servicegroup

I never really bothered to do this manually cos it would have been extra
work to maintain so I wrote a servicegroup generator.

It is simple and generates a file called servicegroups-generated.cfg
which you source in nagios.cfg. It creates a group for every
service_description you have in services.cfg. Instant and hassle free
service groups, you can now group together all your dns servers or ftp
servers without effort.

If you want to use it, you can download it at
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Configuration.20.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=896

I have this run automatically every time my config is updated, so it's
pretty sweet.

-h

Hari Sekhon