Using contributed check

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) J.F.Wheeler at rl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 22 17:37:31 CEST 2007

We have recently started trying to use the contributed plugin
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/contrib/check_snmp_process_monitor.pl to run
checks from our Linux Nagios servers on a Solaris system.  Using perl
from userid nagios we get successful output:

[root at nincom ~]# su - nagios
-sh-3.00$ cd /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/contrib/
-sh-3.00$ perl check_snmp_process_monitor.pl -H 130.246.183.131 -C
public -e arrayd -w 0,3 -c 1,2 -s --memory --cpu
OK - 1 process(es) found resembling
'arrayd'|count=1:memory=1216:cpu=0.08

However Nagios returns this text:

**ePN /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/contrib/check_snmp_process_monitor.pl:
Reference found where even-sized list expected at (eval 1) line 194,.

Now I understand that the problem is that the code is not compatible
with Embedded Perl Interpreter in Nagios, but an someone help me further
understand and solve this problem.

Jonathan Wheeler
e-Science Centre
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory