NDOutils on FreeBSD -- solved

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Tue Aug 21 23:16:02 CEST 2007

Hi,

This is a follow-up to several postings in the archives about getting
NDOutils to compile on FreeBSD.  I suspect that other people will have
this problem, so I'm posting it here.  I also suspect that this will
affect other operating systems, not just FreeBSD, but NDOUtils is
labeled "Experimental," so we deal.  :-)

The problem is in ndoutils-x/include/config.h .  The configure script
puts all the libraries under /usr/lib instead of letting mysql be
under /usr/local/lib.  I edited config.h as shown, and ndoutils
compiled just fine.

#define USE_MYSQL 1
/* #undef HAVE_MYSQL */
#ifdef USE_MYSQL
#define HAVE_MYSQL 1
#include </usr/local/include/mysql/mysql.h>
#include </usr/local/include/mysql/errmsg.h>
#endif

Compiles just fine.  I haven't tested it, mind you, but it compiles.

Perhaps someone with config-fu can fix this.  If the Nagios developers
think it's appropriate, I can file a bug report.

==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org, mwlucas at FreeBSD.org
      Coming Soon: "Absolute FreeBSD" -- http://www.AbsoluteFreeBSD.com