nt_check COUNTER

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:45:48 CEST 2007

You must be using NC_Net as your windows plugin,

-l "^SMTP Server^_Total^Remote Queue Length","Remote Queue Length %.2f"
Is acceptable syntex for using NC_NEt,  but no other windows plugin supports
this syntex.  NC_NEt also supoports the original check_nt syntex as was
pointed out earlier

the -1 responce indicated that NC_NEt was unable to find the counter.
Things to check:
Does the counter exist on that host.
Are you using the latest version of NC_NEt? v4

Sometimes on a Windows Host some/many performance counters become corupted,
to validate if this is the case open the windows performance monitor from
administrative tools, and see if the counters are in there.

another approch to diagnosing using nc_net and check_nc_net is to use the
INSTANCES and ENUMCOUNTERS  this would validate that NC_NET can see the
counter and it would validate the spelling.
Naturally I am assuming those are ok, but it would show if NC_NET  can see
the counter.

If this issue persists feel free to use the forum at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nc-net

good luck

Tony (Author of NC_Net)