option to make nagios recover?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Aug 17 18:25:13 CEST 2007

That would depend on how you're manually testing. If you're running the
plugin from the shell, then nagios isn't directly aware that you are
doing that and doesn't see the results either way. It also wouldn't know
what host/service you would be testing to know where to apply the
results.

You can schedule an immediate check of the service from the Web GUI
(click on the service, then use the menu on the left to Re-schedule the
next check of this service), submit a passive OK result (same menu) or
do either of the above by writing to the external command file
(SCHEDULE_FORCED_SVC_CHECK, PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT from
http://www.nagios.org/developerinfo/externalcommands/commandlist.php?cat
egory_id=0&version_id=0&btnSubmit=Update) This last might be useful if
you were interested in creating a wrapper for your manual tests that
asked for the host/service that the results should apply to before
creating the appropriate external command for submission.

--
Marc