How do I check the services on remote machines

Thu Aug 16 20:43:01 CEST 2007

Hi Lingyun,

Have a look at NRPE.

Basically you run an NRPE daemon on the remote machines (which is
configured with the commands to use.)
You set up a service in Nagios to use check_nrpe to query the remote
NRPE daemon.  The NRPE daemon takes the command name to use, runs the
command associated on the system, then sends the result back to Nagios,
which determines if it was successful or not.

You get the check_nrpe plugin by compiling NPRE (you just have to copy
it to Nagios' libexec directory.

Andy.