output plugin

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 21:25:14 CEST 2007

hi Fabio,

I had a simmilar issue with check_nt.
the issue was the netutils.c had a limit of about 1k on the process_tcp_request
function. then when I went to use process_tcp_request2 it had another limit
changing variables and DEFINES did not seem to work,
my problem was the way the function was implemented.
to elaborate  In the current version of check_nc_net.c that is built off of
check_nt.c I tweeked the process_tcp_request2 funciton to continue
recieving.
The original process_tcp_request2 would only read till the recieve array was
full.  so I added an 'if' that prints to stdout via printf and then empties
the rec array array and its character count.

This solution may work for your needs.  Download the source code,
Check_nc_net.c is availible as its own download at NC_Net on sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nc-net

You would be interested in the function added to the end of the source code.

process_tcp_request3.  please note, I chose to direct the output to stdout
since in check_nc_net this option is only meant to be used with the
ENUMERATION commands that should be used to output to CONSOLE or some other
application and not for input to nagios.

Good Luck

Tony (Author of NC_Net)