Wildcard host groups?

England, Stuart Stuart.England at orr.gsi.gov.uk
Tue Aug 14 13:34:12 CEST 2007

Hi, I was wondering if its possible to create hostgroups using wildcards
that include the first bit of the hostname as defined in the hosts.cfg

For example, I would like to make a host group of all windows servers.
All my windows server hostname begin with the following three letters
"LKS" so I would like to create a host group containing LKS* however
complains about this syntax

The same could be used to create a hostgroup of all my email servers
who's hostnames all begin with "LKSMX"

Thanks,

Stuart

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet Anti-Virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2006/04/0007.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.