Problem with servicedependency and groups

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Aug 9 19:29:08 CEST 2007

I am configuring Nagios 2.9 on Fedora 7.  I see in the docs:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/templatetricks.html

   "All Services In Multiple Servicegroups: If you want to create
    service dependencies for all services that belong in one or more
    servicegroups, you can do use the servicegroup_name and/or
    dependent_servicegroup_name directive as follows:

    define servicedependency{
      servicegroup_name           SERVICEGROUP1,SERVICEGROUP2,...,SERVICEGROUPN
      dependent_servicegroup_name SERVICEGROUP3,SERVICEGROUP4,...SERVICEGROUPN
      other escalation directives ...
      }

However, when I try this format with:

    define servicedependency {
      dependent_servicegroup_name hsvrouter-ifs
      servicegroup_name           hsvrouter-re
      execution_failure_criteria  w,u,c
      }

(both service groups are defined and have members) and check my config
with nagios -s, I get:

Error: NULL service description/host name in service dependency definition
Error: Could not register service execution dependency (config file '/etc/nagios/cfg/hiwaay-snoc/network/hsvrouter.cfg', starting on line 30)

I tried adding "host_name" and "dependent_host_name" but that didn't
change anything.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>