Redudant checks (but also two notifies)

GJP gjp at gpnet.nl
Mon Aug 6 19:44:46 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I have setup an off-site client under nagios to do redundant checks on a
webserver. However if something goes wrong I also get two notifies. This is
correct but I would like only one. Anybody solved this before?

I am thinking of (well, want to examine) the two following scenarios.

Create a bogus service with a dependancy to two http checks. So if either one
fails have the bogus one fail and notify?

And maybe I could use the check_cluster plugin. Define a cluster (with the two
services) and make it only send notifies if both nodes (services) decide a
service failure.

Any pointers are very welcome.

Regards,

Gerard.