N2rrd problem

Mattia mattia at sinapto.net
Mon Aug 6 14:57:06 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I've got a working Nagios 2.9 installation running on Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 4.
Now I'm trying to setup n2rrd and rrd2graph, to get performance and
availability reports from within the web interface.

I've installed and configured n2rrd 1.2, and configured Nagios to process
performance data in nagios.cfg

process_performance_data=1
host_perfdata_command=process-host-perfdata
service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata

this two commands are defined as follow

define command{
        command_name    process-host-perfdata
        command_line    /usr/local/bin/n2rrd.pl -d -c
/etc/n2rrd/n2rrd.conf -T $LASTHOSTCHECK$ -H $HOSTNAME$ -s
"check_icmp" -o "$HOSTOUTPUT$"
       }

define command{
        command_name    process-service-perfdata
        command_line    /usr/local/bin/n2rrd.pl -d -c
/etc/n2rrd/n2rrd.conf -T $LASTSERVICECHECK$ -H $HOSTNAME$ -s
"$SERVICEDESC$" -o "$SERVICEPERFDATA$"
        }

however rrd are generated, but never updated, and in n2rrd logs I see

n2rrd:mailallarm: Host = mailallarm, Service name = check_icmp, Check
result = PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.23 ms
n2rrd:mailallarm: Updating ds_names: loss:RTA, ds_values: 0:0.23 in file:
/var/log/nagios/rra/mailallarm/mailallarm_icmp.rrd
n2rrd:mailallarm: ERROR while updating
/var/log/nagios/rra/mailallarm/mailallarm_icmp.rrd: unknown DS name 'loss'

has anyone any clue?

Thanks

Cheers

Mattia