Hierarchical representation in hostgroups.

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Aug 3 14:09:59 CEST 2007

On 3 Aug 2007, at 08:08, Lalita Drolia wrote:

> I have configured nagios to monitor about 800 servers. I have made
> various hostgroups on the basis of operating systems, databases
> installed, teams using the machines etc.
>
> Now I want to view them in hostgroups on web interface in the form
> of a tree. For example, I want one broad category of operating
> systems, under that windows, linux solaris etc and again under
> windows, 2000 and 2003.
>

> Is it possible to have any such kind of view for hostgroups?
>
> Because right now it just shows a number of hostgroups in a table
> which is not very useful to me.
This sounds like Hostgroup Hierarchy.

Opsview has a feature where we group hostgroups in a hierarchical
fashion and then the /status/hostgroup link shows you the complete
summary of all those hostgroups and all the host/service states
underneath.

We do this by utilising the NDO information and running some complex
SQL.

More information here: http://opsview.org/hostgrouphierarchy

Ton

http://www.altinity.com