Last Check time stamp incorrect or not updating properly?

Brady Maxwell brady.maxwell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 21:41:08 CEST 2007

So when I look at the web interface for host status detail, I can see that
the last check column has time values that are in correct. Many of the
services will be accurate however some services will lag behind by several
hours or even a day. However if I click on the service that has the
incorrect time stamp and go to the details for that service I see that the
last check time is wrong but the last update time is correct.
Also I submit all the results on this server to another server with nsca,
and the time stamp on the passive or central server might be more up to date
than the time stamp on the sever doing the active check. However many of the
time stamps still lag behind by an hour or more on the central server, even
though they are sometimes ahead of the distributed servers checks. Again the
last update time on the service status page seem to be accurate to with n 5
minutes. I have all checks set to 5 minute time frames so it seems to me
that the Last Check time stamp should always be with in the last 5 minutes.
Watching the logs has convinced me that the checks are actually happening
and getting sent to the central server in the 5 minute time frame.

Has anyone experienced this before? Anyone know why this happens?

--
-- Brady Maxwell --
Biter of Dogs Ears