EMC Symetrix monitoring

orzeh orz3h at tlen.pl
Thu Aug 2 21:15:57 CEST 2007

David Schlecht wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, orzeh.
no problem

> Can you give me a little more info?

sure

> It looks like you're getting SNMP traps from EMC that your Navisphere
> is processing. Is that right?

no exactly, snmp traps are only configured in navisphere, i'm not
touching sps in lower level. Traps are transmitted from navisphere.

> If so, how do you get EMC to use the standard SNMP ports?

It can be configured in navisphere monitors templates (port, host)

> Our ECC console only uses non-standard ports and requires lots of
> handshaking. Does Navisphere have an interface library so it knows how
> to deal with EMC?

i've thought  the navisphere is part of ecc, for sure it can work with
ecc. I'm not using ecc on my san
environment so I'm not good help.

> Thanks again.
> -David