Utilization report

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Aug 2 15:54:27 CEST 2007

Nagios is primarily an availability monitor, not a utilization monitor.
It can be used to monitor current utilization levels against specified
availability parameters (warning and critical levels) but it doesn't
actually store the utilization information unless you use a nagios addon
like n2rrd or APAN (http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Charts.42.0.html).
Those addons will take the performance information returned by most
plugins and store it in an RRD file for trending and graphing. You could
also take that performance information and store it yourself in a manner
that's convenient for your reporting
(http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/perfdata.html)

There are many other stand-alone utilities that are designed
specifically for utilization reporting like Cacti and Cricket that might
suit your needs as well.

--
Marc