Monitor host

sujith h sujith.linux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 10:17:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

My name is Sujith. I have a small problem with Nagios.
I had installed nagios in a router. And then I am trying
to monitor a few machines. Now the problem is that
if I monitor both host and services of the clients it seems
to be Ok. But if I would like to monitor host only
and no services(of client machines) the problem arises.
The problem is that in the nagios page it shows
"host check not yet done" for the client hosts.  And it
remains like that for ever. Is there any way to monitor
the client hosts and not its services. I am using check_ping
as the plugin to check whether the client host is up or not!!

Cheers

Sujith Haridasan

--
സുജിത് ഹരിദാസ൯