Nagios Looking Glass - Authentication

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Sat Apr 28 12:45:52 CEST 2007

No you're not missing anything.  NLG and Nagios authentication are two
completely different things.

NLG was originally designed as a public facing service for ISPs to
provide a "self-help" website where their customers could check on their
network status, or for IT departments to show the rest of their business
departments the state of the network, so it didn't make sense to have
any sort of security model in place.

However since it's release it's become apparent that Nagios admins would
like to restrict users to only see certain hosts/groups of hosts, so
this is being built into the next major release of NLG (anticipated in
4-6 months time.)

The authentication option in Nagios Looking Glass is only required to be
set if the polling script (server/s3_poller.php) sits behind a
.htaccess-protected directory (recommended.)

Andy.