NDO 1.4b3 with Nagios 2.9 on Solaris 8

Masopust, Christian christian.masopust at siemens.com
Fri Apr 27 10:31:15 CEST 2007

I tried to get NDOutils 1.4b3 running with my Nagios 2.9 installation on Solaris 8 and run
into the following problems:

1. error during compile: Solaris 8 doesn't provide the SUN_LEN macro, so i copied it from one of
    my Linux - systems   ---> compile ok.
2. error during linking: Solaris 8 doesn't provide "strtof". I found the source for strtof on www.koders.com
    and added it ---> link ok
3. i changed nagios.cfg to add the ndomod-2x.o and restarted nagios (before i started ndo2db) and
    i get an entry in nagios_instances and in nagios_conninfo that it's connected, but nothing else....
    no entries for service-checks, no configuration, nothing....

    so i googled around and find out that i also have to activate "event_broker_options"....  so i did
    (set it to "-1") and when restarting Nagios it stops with a segmentation fault...

any ideas what i did wrong?

thanks a lot,
christian