Plugin for HP Proliant Hardware Health Monitoring

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Thu Apr 26 12:24:23 CEST 2007

joe.stringfellow at liverpool.com wrote:

> I have been reading this check_hpasm thread and looked at some of the
> documentation which seems to suggest the plugin is used for monitoring
> HP proliant hardware that is only running a linux system.
>
> Does anyone know of any tweaks or similar plugins that can get the
> same sort of information from Proliant servers running Windows. Or a
> plugin that can take the data gleamed from Insight Manager and display
> it into Nagios.

Well, I wrote something like this some years ago, mainly to check fans
and temperature.
I posted it to the mailing-list and I uploaded the plugins to sourceforge.
That was in January 2005. They are in the contrib directory in the
nagiosplugins source distribution.
You should get hold of an InsightManager CD and copy the MIBs to the
directory where your SNMP-client stores MIBs.
Then you can use a SNMP-browser (like mbrowse on Unix-systems) to access
the MIBs and get an idea of what you should be looking at.

Please note that these plugins are very crude - there's probably a more
elegant way to access all these MIBs and automate some of the hardcoded
stuff in there...

cheers,
Rainer