Questions about Status Map

Frost, Mark {PBG} mark.frost1 at pepsi.com
Wed Apr 25 19:16:21 CEST 2007

Thanks, Jim.

I tried out Nexsm last night and found that it gave me a huge, unordered
picture of all my hosts.  It was as close to random as I can imagine.  I
realize I can create custom views if I wanted to dedicate the time to
that.

Perhaps I don't fully understand the parent relationship stuff.  That's
most for routers and switches which we don't monitor (nor really care
about) -- that's for other teams that are completely disassociated with
ours.  My understanding is that you setup parent relationships between
host entitities (including switches and routers) and for what we
monitor, there are none.

I'll have a look at nagiosmap.

Thanks

Mark