no output returned from plugin

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Apr 25 17:14:11 CEST 2007

Once again, please always respond on list. Unless we have an agreement
for consulting or I ask you specifically to do so do not email me
directly. It's generally considered rude and selfish to do so on OSS
technical lists.

What was the resolution for your original problem?

> I get Invalid check type ! errors when running check_snmp_win.pl thru
> terminal
>

> Am in the /usr/local/nagios/libexec directory
>
> Run /usr/bin/perl check_snmp_win.pl -H <hostname> -c community -n
> BESAlert -T BESAlert
>
> Output is Invalid check type !
>
> What is the problem? I can't find any documentation

Dunno. I've never used the plugin before and it's not included with the
standard plugins. I've googled for you though and found
http://nagios.manubulon.com/snmp_windows.html which looks like very good
documentation. Presuming that is the exact same plugin you are using,
the -T parameter must be the exact word 'service'. A quick look at the
code confirms this --

    if ( $o_type ne "service" ) {
      print "Invalid check type !\n"; print_usage(); exit
$ERRORS{"UNKNOWN"}
    }

Seems kind of silly but that's the way it is.

--
Marc