Generating PDF documentation

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Tue Apr 24 18:41:45 CEST 2007

* Daniel Dehennin <dad at baby-gnu.org> [2007-04-24 18:21]:
> I hope this is the right place to ask this, I want to generate the
> documentation as PDF.
>
> I see that Holger Weiss provide the script and the configuration to do
> so. The PDF is in letter format and I would like to generate it in
> another format.
>
> Is it possible to provide the generation tools ?

I used html2ps(1) with the following configuration file and expect(1)
wrapper:

	ftp://ftp.in-berlin.de/pub/users/weiss/nagios/doc/src/

The wrapper is only useful if you retrieve the HTML input via HTTP (as
opposed to using a local copy of the docs), as in this case, html2ps(1)
will prompt you for _each_ remote document after the first fifty HTML
pages have been downloaded.  There's no "I know what I'm doing" flag.

Note that Ethan has changed a few more configuration settings for the
official docs, not only the paper size.

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE