Just using SNMP

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Thu Apr 19 16:27:27 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 19. April 2007 16:21 schrieb Valdinger, Stephen (DOV, MSX):
> Is there a way to just use SNMP to monitor windows machines in Nagios.
> We have a lot of servers and installing an agent like NSClient++ would
> be a real pain, when they all run SNMP already. Any ideas?

Get the OIDs of the parameters you want to watch (HDD space, CPU load, MEM
consumption, ...) and define services based on check_snmp. We are doing this
without and problem. Contect me if you have further questions.

Sample for CPU load in windows:

define command {
        command_name    check_win_load
        command_line    $USER1$/check_snmp -H \
$HOSTADDRESS$ -o .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2 -n -w :95 -c :250
        }

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42