perfdata

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 17:56:41 CEST 2007

hi all,

in responce to Mark's comment of:
Also, it's not going to hurt, but you don't really need to say
"/usr/bin/perl /usr/share/nagios/nagiosgraph/insert.pl" as long as
insert.pl is executable and has "#!/usr/bin/perl" as the first line.

Acctually it may hurt.  There was a thread in the Nagiosplugin Help mailing
list this week that discussed this.

if the insert.pl is called without the /usr/bin/perl and Embedded Perl is
enabled then the Embedded perl will run the script despite the #! on the
first line of the script. This may cause the script to not work.  likewise
with the /usr/bin/perl in the command then it will always use the External
Perl.

If Embedded Perl was not compiled into the Nagios install, then what you say
would be completly true.

Tony