perfdata

Weiner, Michael weinerm at ccf.org
Fri Apr 13 20:41:50 CEST 2007

Using Nagios 2.8 and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Been trying to
squeeze out some perfdata in order to test nagiosgraph and I get Nagios
to create the file, but it remains empty no matter what occurs. Here are
the relevant portions of my nagios.cfg for clarification:

nagios.cfg:
perfdata_timeout=5
process_performance_data=1
#service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata
service_perfdata_file=/var/spool/nagios/perfdata.log
service_perfdata_file_template=$LASTSERVICECHECK$||$HOSTNAME$||$SERVICED
ESC$||$SERVICEOUTPUT$||$SERVICEPERFDATA$
service_perfdata_file_mode=a <-- had this set to w based on a previous
email, but that didn't seem to do anything
service_perfdata_file_processing_interval=30
service_perfdata_file_processing_command=process-service-perfdata

checkcommands.cfg:
define command{
        command_name            process-service-perfdata
        command_line    /usr/bin/perl
/usr/share/nagios/nagiosgraph/insert.pl
}

I just can NOT seem to get anything written to the perfdata.log file
although nagios DOES create it upon (re)start.

Any thoughts?

	 Michael Weiner |  Lead Analyst  |  Lerner Research Institute
Cleveland Clinic  |  9500 Euclid Ave.   |  Cleveland, OH 44195  | (216)
445-6454

Cleveland Clinic is ranked one of the top 3 hospitals in
America by U.S.News & World Report. Visit us online at
http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of
our services, staff and locations.