NDOUtils 1.4 Stability

Janet Post Janet.Post at excapsa.ca
Fri Apr 13 18:19:18 CEST 2007

Hello All,

I have installed NDOUtils (1.4b2).  I am using nagios 2.8 on a RedHat EL
4.

I have connected ndomod and ndo2db-2x via socket, and everything -seems-
fine.  There are no errors in the logfiles, and, in the database, I get
nagios_conninfo entries for the connection...but nothing else.

I used socketdebug to see what information was being sent over the
socket, and this is the output:

server:/usr/local/nagios/var$ sudo -u nagios ../bin/sockdebug ./ndo.sock

HELLO

PROTOCOL: 2

AGENT: NDOMOD

AGENTVERSION: 1.4b2

STARTTIME: 1176480042

DISPOSITION: REALTIME

CONNECTION: UNIXSOCKET

CONNECTTYPE: INITIAL

INSTANCENAME: default

STARTDATADUMP

And that's it.  No more information is ever communicated over the
socket.  NDOMOD gives no error messages, no log entries are made,
nothing.  I have no idea what is happening at this point.

Nagios continues to write status information to the regular files on the
drive as if ndomod were not running.  If anyone could give me a hand
with this, I would appreciate it greatly.  Thanks.

Janet

Some relevant configurations:  (if you need anymore, let me know)

Nagios.cfg:

--------------<snip>--------------------------

# Config parameter for ndoutils:

broker_module=/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod-2x.o
config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ndomod.cfg

--------------<snip>--------------------------

Ndomod.cfg:

-------------<all comments removed>-----------

instance_name=default

output_type=unixsocket

output=/usr/local/nagios/var/ndo.sock

tcp_port=5668

output_buffer_items=5000

buffer_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/ndomodbuffer.tmp

file_rotation_interval=14400

#file_rotation_command=rotate_ndo_log

file_rotation_timeout=60

reconnect_interval=15