Help! Debian and nagios not working

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Apr 13 14:30:14 CEST 2007

Version of nagios? If 1.x, the documentation on how to configure
database support is at
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xdata-db.html. You should
seriously consider starting with nagios2. nagios1 is very old and we're
approaching the release of nagios3. The database configuration of
nagios1 is no longer used in these modern releases.

In any event it sounds like either mysql isn't running, the proper
database/tables weren't created or you've supplied an  incorrect
username and password to access the database.

--
Marc