nagios menagemente

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Thu Apr 12 13:57:26 CEST 2007

On 12 Apr 2007, at 03:39, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

> On 11/04/07 08:26 PM, Jason Rojas wrote:
>> An ex-coworker just brought this to my attention, looks promising:
>>
>> http://www.opsview.org/
>
> Interesting. However it does not seems to be well documented. I'm
> particularly wondering what level of flexibility does it gives.
>
> I'd certainly benefit from this kind of SNMP Trap management, but I
> doubt it could be of any help for setting up hosts and services
> considering the way wrote my Nagios config (Highly based on
> templates in
> a way it is very easy to maintain). Is it possible for example to
> use it
> only for trap management?
>
> Anyone has experience migrating large distributed setups partly or
> completely to Opsview?

Aahhh! The cat is out of the bag!

We will be making a bigger announcement about Opsview shortly as we
have a newer version waiting in the wings. But I will answer a few
questions now:

   Q: Is it based on Nagios?
   A: Yes. Nagios is the world's most popular open source monitoring
system, so it would be silly not to. We make a big (http://
altinity.com) deal (http://www.altinity.com/opensourcecommitment)
about using Nagios (http://www.opsview.org/), and we continue to
publish our changes upstream (http://www.altinity.org)

   Q: Can I manage Nagios config files using Opsview?