Nagios 2.x and NSCA - hostnotification Problem

Thomas Kallenbach daydreama at daydreama.de
Thu Apr 12 10:19:16 CEST 2007

Hi List,

this is my first time I write to a mailinglist. So please don't slap me
if I write anything wrong or incomplete. :)

My problem is, that I set up a distributed Monitoring with Nagios 2.x
and NSCA. The service_checks worked well, but if a host goes down, the
notification is sent out directly, after the central nagiosserver
receivs the downmessage. So it don't change to a "SOFT"-state (like it
should) but rather switches to HARD;DOWN ...

The hostdefinition looks like that:

define host{
        host_name       phobos
        alias           phobos
        address         1.2.3.4
        max_check_attempts      10
        obsess_over_host        0
        contact_groups          tkext
        active_checks_enabled   0
        passive_checks_enabled  1
        check_period            never
        obsess_over_host        0
        check_command           check-host-alive
        check_freshness         0
        notification_interval   240
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        notifications_enabled   1
        }

In my opinion it should send a emay after 10 "nscamessages". Or not?

Any ideas?

Greets

Thomas